The Ministry of Mysteries & Truth is charged with delving into the depths of obscure historical events and unlocking the secrets of the Force. Also called the Arcanum, this ministry hosts those who wish to delve into the deepest tombs and darkest dungeons to uncover ancient artifacts, as well as those who desire to study, analyze, and teach the mysteries of the Force. Filled with experts in the arcane and mystical, this ministry is often utilized by others to identify, research, and exploit artifacts they uncover in their own duties.
Out-of-character, they are tasked with advising on guild lore, the RP Log, and EU lore/guild lore contradictions if qualified. Note that the terms ‘Ministry of Mysteries and Truth’ and ‘Arcanum’ are used interchangeably.
The Ministry of Mysteries & Truth is divided up into two parts: the Circle of Mysteries and the Circle of Chronicles. These two branches work and intertwine more often than not, but there are clear distinctions which make each unique.
The Ministry is led by Primarch Veldarius Imperior, who sits upon the Dark Council of the Sith Imperium as Lord Councilor.
The Circle of Mysteries is home to those who hold adventuring in high regard. Tasked with exploring the darkest reaches of the galaxy and conducting fieldwork, members of the Circle of Mysteries can expect to be delving into tombs, hunting for treasures, and recovering ancient artifacts in order to further the research of the Arcanum and the goals of the Sith Imperium.
- Fieldsman: The beginner rank for members of the Circle of Mysteries, fieldsman are often assigned on easier and less demanding missions. Fieldsman are tasked with exploring sites and returning with their findings.
- Seeker: Individuals are raised to the rank of Seeker following exceptional service.
- High Seeker: The most senior of those within the Circle, High Seekers are highly respected veterans who have a wealth of experience and knowledge in the field. These individuals may lead missions.
- Overseer of Mysteries: The head of the Circle of Mysteries, they are the commanding officer and answer to the Primarch. Responsible for coordination with other ministries and organizations to ensure success. These individuals also take on the title of Eparch, replacing Darth.
Masters of philosophy, rhetoric, wisdom, and knowledge, those within the Circle of Chronicles challenge the Force, unlock its secrets, and advance their knowledge. With an analytical eye, they challenge the peculiarities of history and unravel the secrets of time. Members of the Circle of Chronicles study, discover, record, and teach the mysteries of the Force, artifacts, and different philosophies to further the Arcanum and benefit the Sith Imperium.
- Sc[ribe: The first rank for members of the Circle of Chronicles, scribes are assigned to less-demanding projects. They often observe and assist chroniclers in their duties, learning from them and acting as aides.
- Chronicler: Individuals are raised to the rank of Chronicler following exceptional service.
- Elder Chronicler: The most senior of those within the Circle, Elder Chroniclers are highly respected veterans who have a wealth of experience and knowledge. These individuals are often in charge of projects.
- Overseer of Chronicles: The head of the Circle of Chronicles, they are the commanding officer and answer to the Primarch. Responsible for coordination with other ministries and organizations to ensure success. These individuals also take on the title of Eparch, replacing Darth.
The headquarters of the Ministry of Mysteries and Truth is the Arcanum. Located on Amgarrak in the capital city of Vaya'vilial, it occupies a large area to the west of the palace. Several stories high, it is primarily constructed of black granite and dark metals. The majority of the stronghold is underground, with the true expanse and specific depths unknown to the public. It is home to many vaults, libraries, and chambers. It was built atop of ancient Rakatan ruins, which are remnants of the Infinite Empire. They have since been sealed off, but still remain.
Most used of the areas within the Arcanum are the Grand Archives. A great rectangular room containing thousands of shelves, the Archives houses the Sith Imperium's vast array of knowledge, as well as many holocrons and datacrons. A great vault sits at the northern end of the room, guarded by a Force barrier and shielded door. Only unlockable by the Primarch of Mysteries and Truth, this vault is where the majority of artifacts, restricted information, forbidden knowledge, and holocrons are stored.
The HMS Vengeance
At one point the personal flagship of Darth Veldarius, the HMS Vengeance has since been transformed into a versatile and mobile hub for activity and missions within the Ministry of Mysteries and Truth. Deployed alongside members of the Ministry on most missions, the Vengeance serves as a home away from home.
The HMS Vengeance is a slightly smaller than average Harrower-class Dreadnought.
Joining the Arcanum
Those who seek to join the Ministry of Mysteries and Truth must seek the Primarch, or their assigned deputy. Following this initial step, potential initiates will receive a concise evaluation, If an initiate is accepted into the fold, they must undergo a series of trials to prove they are up to the task. OOC, Initiates must be able to:
- Provide an in-depth description of the Ministry of Mysteries and Truth, as well as explain how the Circle of Chronicles and the Circle of Mysteries intertwine.
- Analyze lore, philosophies, and ideology of the Sith Imperium.
- Analyze lore, philosophies, and ideology of the Sith and Dark-side users.
- Provide comparative analysis of the One Sith Order and the Sith Order.
- Analyze lore, philosophies, and ideology of the Jedi and Light-side users.
- Provide comparative analysis of the One Sith Order and the Jedi Order.
- Successfully navigate simulacrum which tests knowledge and general problem-solving skills.
- Engage in rhetoric and debate uses of the Force and Force artifacts, providing evidence.
- Prove their understanding of the English language, providing clear and well-written RP Logs, delivering information in a straightforward yet detailed manner.
- Log on and participate in RP events regularly.
Initiates will be discharged from the trials immediately if they:
- Disrespect members of the ministry, including whomever instructs the trial.
- Refuse to participate in a trial, or be generally non-compliant with requests.
Trials are to be done in-game and/or in discord at the convenience of an Overseer or the Primarch. Following each trial, the initiate may be asked to write a brief summary of what they did. This is to gauge both writing level and comprehension.
Performance is marked out of five for each trail, with one point coming from the summary. If the prospect passes their trials, they will be admitted into the Arcanum and assigned a Circle based on evaluation by a high-ranking member and the Primarch. Assignment to a Circle is based on two factors: The initiate's proficiency and the initiate's requested assignment. Initiates will then be advised of who their overseer is, and asked to report to them at the overseer's convenience.
Policies govern what is and is not allowed within the Arcanum. Failure to adhere to the policies below result in IC reprimand and, when necessary, OOC action.
Policy 1 - Adding Additional Policies
Additional policies may be enacted by the Primarch at his or her leisure.
Policy 2 - Restriction of Information
The sharing of information about items marked ‘restricted’ is forbidden. All items which come into the Arcanum must be cleared by a Senior Chronicler or above before they may be discussed with an individual outside of the Ministry. Items immediately receive the ‘restricted’ tag upon discovery, and are registered within the artifact database.
Note: The ‘restricted’ classification within the Arcanum is not the same as that within MGS.
Policy 3 - Distribution of Information
Any technique/ability deemed safe for widespread use amongst the Imperium will be distributed to the appropriate Ministry. Those with applications for warfare will be given to the Ministry of War. Those with applications for tracking, confinement, spying, observation, or law enforcement will be given to the Ministry of Global Security. Those with applications for new technologies will be given to the Ministry of State.
Policy 4 - Safe Use and Care
The acquisition and safe use of objects is of the utmost importance. Individuals must acquire, research, operate, and otherwise manage artifacts and objects registered within the artifact database, including those that ought to be registered within the artifact database, with care.
Policy 5 - Hierarchy
The Ministry of Mysteries and Truth operates with a strict hierarchy. Individuals of lower ranks must address superiors by their proper titles, showing due respect within the workplace and when on missions. Insubordination is not tolerated and is grounds for expulsion.
Note: If an individual can present evidence that a superior officer of the Arcanum is derelict in their duty, they may meet with the Primarch and he will address the issue.
Normally, members of this ministry may wear whatever they may like. But at any formal event, they must wear this uniform. Chroniclers are expected to wear robes. The presence of a uniform shall be determined by poll within the first seven days after the ministry goes live. The poll will be offered to members of the ministry.